Experience shared by the group of 35 members of IIF-Kolhapur Chapter of attending Metal& Metallurgy Exhibition in China and visiting a few Chinese foundries. They visited a large CI foundry in Tianjin, TianjinFengtong Metal Working Co. Ltd. manufactures heavy cast iron castings, and Hebei Iron & Steel (HBIS) Group’s heavy steelfoundry in Tangshan.
Region and Chapter News:
• SOURECON 2012 (Southern Regional Conference) by Southern Region and Kerala Chapter
• Technical Meeting on Carboriser/Carbon Additives for Foundries by Belgaum Chapter, on Refractory Solution for Coreless Melting and Power of Communication by Shimoga Chapter, on Metal Filtration by Chennai Chapter, on Reverse Innovation and Green Innovation by Greater Mumbai Chapter, on The Role of High Velocity Oxy Fuel (HVOF) Coating in Improving Resistance to Hot Corrosion & Erosion by Bangalore Chapter, on Organic Binder Process & their Behaviour with Indian Silica Sand by Kolhapur Chapter, on The Goal of 21st Century Foundry by Howrah Chapter
• Foundry Visit by Greater Mumbai Chapter to SuperkinoEquipmentsPvt. Ltd. and Nadratan Foundry & Engineering Works – Sarigaon, by Howrah Chapter to CMERI Foundry
• Workshop on Inoculation – Its Effect and Machinability by Kolhapur Chapter
• Delegation to Chinese Foundries from IIF-Kolhapur Chapter
• Chapter Day Celebration by Kolkata Chapter
Technical Papers and Case Study published on:
• CarbidicAustempered Ductile Iron (CADI) by S.A.Patil, Ajay Likhite and S.U. Pathak
• Aluminium Syntactic Foam through Stir-Casting Technique by D. P. Mondal, RaghavendraKhedle, AnshulBadkul, NidhiJha and S. Das
• Ceramic Shell Manufacturing by D. D. Shukla, J. L. Juneja and K. Babapai
• Greening of MSME Foundries by NeetuGoel, Parvinder Pal and N. Ramamurthi
• Riserless Ductile Iron Casting by GoutamSutradhar
• Aluminium Gravity Die-Casting Internal Shrinkage by Anant Bam
CET held workshops on –Safety, Operation and Maintenance in Induction Melting System, Gateway to UK – Kitemark Quality.
You may check the sample of the book through a reader by scrolling down. To read the entire book please click on the “View PDF” button below.